- Awards and Accreditations
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Customer Services
- Health and Safety
- The Regenda Group
- Working with Partners
- Meet the team
M&Y supports hospice... More
Scrap metal all adds up to help local hospice... More
Ashton's Green Allotment, St Helens
Partnered with Ashton’s Green Allotment, St Helens, since September 2009
- M&Y erected a flagged area and a raised with children and residents. This allotment allows volunteers including local children to tend the vegetable plot and livestock in a safe manner.
Carmel College, St Helens
Partnered with Carmel College, St Helens, since September 2009
- develop a social enterprise ‘grow their own crops’ scheme with students with learning difficulties. Scheme was to help students develop their business skills by growing and selling their own vegetables
- M&Y erected a greenhouse
- Work placements - Ryan and Emma
Disability Coalition, St Helens
Ambassador for Disability Coalition, St Helens – July 2009
M&Y work in partnership with St Helens Council supported employment service to assist recruiting people with disabilities. The service supports those unable to secure employment through traditional methods and who need support to learn perform their jobs.
M&Y have recruited Emma Fildes and Ryan Dundon to work in clerical and stores roles. They have job coaches plus undertake specialist on-site training to assist them in learning and performing their role.
Janette Baker, job coach from St Helens Council said, "It's a win-win situation for both parties. The job seeker get a valuable chance to gain employment and our experience shows that disabled employees have a strong work commitment, good punctuality records and low absentee rates."
Merseyside Chamber of Commerce, St Helens
Ambassador for Merseyside Chamber of Commerce, St Helens, since June 2007
- Lecture SME’s regarding growing businesses and tendering opportunities at annual Chamber enterprise events