- Awards and Accreditations
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Customer Services
- Health and Safety
- The Regenda Group
- Working with Partners
- Meet the team
M&Y supports hospice... More
Scrap metal all adds up to help local hospice... More
Health And Wellbeing
M&Y achieved the IIP Health and Wellbeing standard in November 2012. To meet the criteria of IIP Health and Wellbeing M&Y had to meet all 10 standards which are:
1. Health & Wellbeing strategy – have a clear vision which is communicated to staff;
2. Health & Wellbeing Activities – M&Y provide breakfasts at briefing sessions, winter driving campaign to keep you safe, jubilee cake morning etc....just a few of recent activities undertaken;
3. People Management – support staff in balancing work & personal life;
4. Leadership & Management – Ensuring all M&Y Managers have the skills and capabilities to manage, develop and support our people;
5. Management effectiveness – communicate and support staff, listen to feedback;
6. Recognition & reward – ensure contributions are valued and rewarded i.e. employee of the month, most improved driver of the month, most effective near miss raised;
7. Involvement & empowerment – our people are involved in our decision making;
8. Effective health & wellbeing – M&Y’s approach to health and wellbeing is proved effective with staff;
9. Performance measurement – M&Y’s managers understand that supported and motivated staff achieve more;
10. Continuous improvement – improvements are continually made to impact the health and wellbeing of staff at M&Y.
For further information about Investors in People, please click here
HQN DLO accreditation - February 2011
M&Y were awarded HQN Accredit: DLO after demonstrating good practice and excellent service to its customers. It is one of only six organisations in the country to have met the standards for successful accreditation and came in the top third nationally for the value of their day to day repairs and void costs.
The HQN DLO accreditation is the first of its kind in the UK. It is designed for companies which offer repair work to ensure that they are recognised as a company that operates efficiently, economically and delivers excellent service to tenants and residents.
HQN Accredit: DLO provides M&Y with unrivalled credibility, integrity and additional value. It is also a means of ensuring that its practices and costs are as good as – or better than – other public and private sector competitors.
For further information about HQN DLO accreditation, please click here.
Integrated Business Management Model
Integrated Business Management Model - accredited Nobvember 2010
M&Y established an integrated business management model, including :
- ISO 9001 quality system
- ISO 14001 environment improvement
- ISO 18001 heath and safety management
Investors in People
Investors in People Gold – November 2012
M&Y achieved the prestigious IIP GOLD in November 2012, less than 3% of organisations who have IIP can achieve the Gold Standard. To achieve IIP Gold M&Y demonstrated 183 evidence requirements of best management practice and people engagement out of a maximum of 192, which was a very proud moment for us at M&Y. This is proof of our pledge to you, our people, to support and engage with you as part of team M&Y.
M&Y demonstrated how it had applied Investors in People practices to the achievement of priorities relating to :
- effective merger with The Regenda Group
- improving service delivery through sharing of best practice
- improving equality and diversity
- achieving an integrated quality management system